Saluki downTime September 18, 2023

Downtime September 18, 2023

Favorite wings flavor and place

The Right Friends

240 push ups - power of friendship - 2 of you to do 120 each - 10 of you to do 24 each


Which way is easier? 


Define the word friend


Write on a card:

1. Who has your back?

2. Whose back do you have?

3. Who do you need to turn your back to?

4. Who do you need to back up to?



I Ve Got Your Back Stock Illustrations – 4 I Ve Got Your Back Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime



Reckless love lyrics - what Jesus does for you as your friend.

There's no shadow You won't light up - Mountain You won't climb up

Coming after me

There's no wall You won't kick down - Lie You won't tear down

Coming after me

Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future is a saying our pastor told us. 

Limiting people’s access can be self care.


We all get to make our own choices of who we want in our life. Especially when it comes to our friends. We all have people right now that we ask - why are they my friend? or why do I allow them to be a part of my life.


Friendship is doing for others while they are doing for you.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 - a person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquer. three are even better, for a triple braided cord is not easily broken.

Famous friends? - 3 musketeers?


David and Jonathan were close.

Jobs' friends came to console him.

90 people were connected to Paul. Timothy being one of the closest.

Jesus and John were close.

Daniel had 3 close friends (Shadrack, Meshach, and Abednego) and they were willing to burn in a fiery furnace together for the cause of Christ.

What would have happened if they didn't have each other? 

Their actions led the king to believe in God.


Who knows what would have happened but we do know that collectively they were strong. strong enough to jump in a fire for what they believed.


Do you have friends that strong?

Philippians 2:3-8

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:


Who in your life do you have that will tell you the truth?


 You need someone that will be honest with you and not be offended or get mad. Maybe offensive because sometimes we need truth in our life.


Lean on me song -

Sometimes in our lives - We all have pain - We all have sorrow - But if we are wise - We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me - When you're not strong - And I'll be your friend -I'll help you carry on...

For it won't be long - Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on - Please swallow your pride

If I have things you need to borrow - For no one can fill

Those of your needs that you won't let show - You just call on me brother when you need a hand - We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'll understand - We all need somebody to lean on

You just call on me brother - When you need a hand - We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'll understand - We all need somebody to lean on - If there is a load you have to bear

That you can't carry - I'm right up the road - I'll share your load

If you just call me


You don't need a lot of friends, just the right ones. - Unknown -  Quotespedia.org


The right friends

1. Keep you out of trouble

Story of Shaq's body guards

2. Keep you accountable

3. Keep you from being lonely

4. Keep you in the word


1 thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2023 Update

Saluki downTime December 3, 2023