Love - Scared and Out of My Comfort Zone

Love - Scared and Out of My Comfort Zone


Love is something that we mess up all the time. It is not a real word to most people.
Let's look at how we get it wrong. We love our pets like we love pasta. We love a movie like we love watching a sport. We love our kids like we love our spouse. How do you love your parents or your siblings?

Love is not fake. Love should be real in your life. When was the last time you told an acquaintance you loved them. Why haven't you? Are you scared to love?

I believe we are scared to truly love because we have gotten it wrong for so long.

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a (ESV) Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

I had an opportunity to speak to a Head coach. I walked with her back to her locker room after a game. My goal was to thank her for allowing Jesus into her program and allowing a character coach to be a part of it. I wanted to thank her for showing Jesus to her program.

God has a different plan. I asked her to pray for me and the program I was working with. I asked her to put basketball a side for a minute and pray that Jesus would be shown at SIU. God did something I could not plan or do on my own.

This lady's head was about chest high to me. She grabbed me and embraced me. She set her head on my chest and prayed for me and SIU. She prayed for herself and her program. With tears coming down her face and mine, God's love was shown that day.

I had never felt or seen God's love in this world like I did that day. As we let go of one another, while wiping tears from our eyes, I thanked her and said, "I do not know you but I love you."

Man! That was out of my comfort zone. But I want to know and feel the love of God. That day I finally knew why I was here. I finally knew the love of God in my life and how to share it with others.

True genuine LOVE. It was a great experience for me. It doesn't matter if it was a competitor that just beat you. Love does not care.

Love has to be real. Love comes from God. Love is in your heart. Love is in Christ and through Christ.

I was scared and out of my comfort zone but I knew I loved this coach that I had never met prior to this moment.

You have to love. You have to share the love of God with others. You have to tell others you love them. It's not a choice. People need to be truly loved.

Never stop doing this little things for people. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.

That is where love comes from. From God - Inside the Heart.

Tell someone you love them today. Not your spouse, kids, or family. People in your life that you do love.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2023 Update

Saluki downTime December 3, 2023