Saluki downTime - February 5, 2024

Competitive Greatness - Be at your best when your best is needed.


Enjoyment of a difficult challenge.


How many of you enjoy something the challenges you?

What is the most challenging moment of your life?

Without competitive greatness we won't be the best we can be.

Who do you think of when you think of competitive greatness?


Anyone remember Michael Jordan's flu game in 1998?


Anyone have a moment in your career where competitive greatness is all you had to use? You just wanted to win so bad you played through....xyz.


Do you run to challenges or run away?


What about difficult situations in life? How do you handle them?


In this room who is the most competitive? Why?


We don't have to be superstars or win championships to reach competitive greatness. All we have to do is learn to rise to every occasion, give our best effort and make those around us better as we do it. - 

John Wooden

All I ask out of my son is to sprint and be physical. Try your hardest is all. 

Read 1 Samuel 17:29-37


Don't worry about anything. David told Saul. I'll go fight this Philistine. 

1 Samuel 17:32


Ok so David, more than likely a teenager, was confident that he would be able to not only fight the philistine but also win!


What are some reasons this was a bad idea?


Ok so now why would this be possible?


Does competitive greatness mean you will win every time?


Goliath was 9 feet tall. David was not. Goliath was a philistine champion, David was a shepherd boy. Goliath's armor weighed 125 pounds. David weighed 125 pounds.


David was taught to be quick but not in a hurry. He chose a weapon to increase his chances of winning along with a weapon he was very skilled with. A sling in which he slung and hit Goliath right between the eyes.


Anyone remember what he did after he hit him with the sling?


David showed poise when rejecting Saul's armor because he wanted to be himself. He showed confidence when he said he would hit him with the sling and then chop his head off.


Where did this come from?      God.


God has demonstrated this throughout his life and in his family.


After David did this the offensive line of the Israelite army defeated the Philistines.


WE are in a battle and the enemy is trash talking God. If that doesn't tick you off, IT SHOULD! If you are a Christian, the Holy Spirit has anointed you with power. You can take on giants. Think about what God has done for you in the past. It will give you confidence that He will also act in the future.



Lyrics

I'm calling on the God of Jacob - Whose love endures through generations - I know that You will keep Your covenant

I'm calling on the God of Moses - The one who opened up the ocean - I need You now to do the same thing for me

O God, my God, I need You - O God, my God, I need You now - How I need You now - O Rock, O Rock of ages

I'm standing on Your faithfulness - On Your faithfulness - I'm calling on the God of Mary - Whose favor rests upon the lowly - I know with You all things are possible - I'm calling on the God of David

Who made a shepherd boy courageous - I may not face Goliath - But I've got my own giants


You heard Your children then -  You hear Your children now - You are the same God


You answered prayers back then - And You will answer now - You are the same God


You were providing then - You are providing now - You are the same God


You moved in power then - God, move in power now - You are the same God

You were a healer then - And You are a healer now - You are the same God


You were a savoir then - And You are a savoir now - You are the same God


O God, my God, I need You - O God, my God, I need You now - How I need You now, yeah



1. What are some times when you rallied those around you?


2. Have you boldly stood up for God?


3. Is your boldness increasing or decreasing?


4. If you need more boldness, how are you going to  go about attaining it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 2023 Update

Saluki downTime December 3, 2023